I tried several different handwriting resources and programs with my son before I finally decided to write my own. Nothing was wrong with the ones that I used, but I found myself saying, "I wish this would do this..." or "I wish this wasn't included." The Joy of Handwriting was born as a result. It uses all the aspects of what I wanted in a program.
Of course, handwriting is so much more than a good program! There are all kinds of tips and handwriting resources out there that can make your handwriting program dynamic. But who has the time to do all that research?! Here is your Ultimate Guide for Handwriting Resources all in one place! Enjoy!
*Disclaimer: I compiled all these as a resource for you as you search for what works. I am not an affiliate for them and I have not tried all of the resources, so I cannot comment on their quality. Of course, I hope you choose The Joy of Handwriting, but I want you to choose resources that work for YOU!
Handwriting Tips & Tricks
- The Great Cursive Debate
- Teaching Cursive First - When Do I Teach Print?
- Tips for Teaching Your Left-Handed Child Handwriting
- Tips for Teaching Left Handed Children to Write
- How to Improve Handwriting Skills With Kids
- Improving Fine Motor Skills to Help with Handwriting
- How to Teach a Child to Hold Their Pencil Correctly
- The Joy of Copywork
- Free Printable Binder Covers for Copywork Books
- Free Copywork Pages for Your Homeschool
- All Things Bright and Beautiful Copywork Freebie
- Elementary Copywork Resources
- In All You Do Copywork Resources
Fun For Older Children and Adults
- 31 Days to Love Your Lettering (A Month Long Series of Creative Lettering, Handwriting Tips & Resources)
- Practice Exercises for Adults, Teens & Older Kids to Improve Handwriting