There is not a better way to spend your K4 or Kindergarten year than to learn about the Fruit of the Spirit. This awesome curriculum includes Bible, Math, Reading & Phonics, Science, Skill Development & Calendar Time! You won’t find a BETTER VALUE!
Included in the curriculum:
- Detailed Helps and Lesson Plans for each area of study.
- Bible verses and stories that teach different “fruit” and character qualities.
- Introduction to letters & their sounds using a vertical phonics approach.
- Handwriting Program (You must choose manuscript or cursive when you buy the program!)
- Math concepts cover counting, number recognition, colors and shapes, measurement, ordering, and more.
- Weekly science lessons explore the body, nutrition and healthy habits.
- Worksheets and activities to keep learning fun and engaging.
- “Bigger Step” options for students who are ready to do some book work and are ready to read.
- Lessons targeting different learning styles.
- Weekly life skill suggestions.
Fruit For Tender Hearts Resources
Click below for a comprehensive list on Amazon
Bigger Steps Workbooks
- Explode the Code Books A-C
- Bob Books – Set 1
- Singapore Earlybird Math B (Optional K5 student book)
- Developing the Early Learner Books 1-2
- 3-ring binder
- Pocket Chart Calendar
- Flashcards – Letters, Numbers, Colors, Shapes, etc.
- Stick Glue
- Colored Construction Paper
- Colored Pipe Cleaners
- White Copy Paper
- Embellishments (sequins, pom poms, beads, feathers, etc.)
- Water Colors & Brushes
- Pencils & Colored Pencils
- Pencil Box or Supply Holder
- Paper Sacks
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks
Fun Read Together Books
- Growing Vegetable Soup by Ehlert
- I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato by Child (Eating different foods)
- The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon Lord
- From Head to Toe by Eric Carle (Teaches body parts and positions)
- Stone Soup by Jon Muth
- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Barrett
- Eating the Alphabet Fruits & Vegetables from A to Z by Lois Ehlert
- My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss
- The Popcorn Book by Tomie de Paola
- The Pumpkin Patch by Elizabeth King
- Fruit of the Spirit 4 Kids: Coloring and Activity Book
- The Fruit of the Spirit 4 Kids: Meet the Fruits!
- Love, Joy & Peace by Dalmatian Press
- Manners & Tips for Caring Kids: Based on the Fruit of the Spirit
- Patience for Peter: A Fruits of the Spirit Story for Kids (Book 1)
- 9 Fruits Alive (GodCounts Series)
Supplemental Science Books
- How Your Body Works: A Good Look Inside Your Insides by David Stewart (If I could choose one book to go with this program, I would choose this one. It is the perfect overview. You can read just the pages being discussed.)
- Germs Make Me Sick! by Melvin Berger
- You Can’t Smell a Flower with Your Ear! by Joanna Cole (All About Your 5 Senses)
- What Happens To Your Food? by Usborne (This one is perfect for showing the digestive system)
- Your Skin and Mine by Paul Showers
- Good Enough to Eat: A Kid’s Guide to Food and Nutrition by Lizzy Rockwell
- DK eye know body
- The Busy Body Book by Lizzy Rockwell
- The Tooth Book by Edward Miller
- The Magic School Bus Presents: The Human Body
- Amazing Pop-up Human Body DK book
- You Blink Twelve Times a Minute by Barbara Seuling (Body Trivia)
- Healthy Habits by Rebecca Weber
- Eating Right by Slim Goodbody
- The Senses by Cassan
- Set of books about the Senses by Mari Schuh (Awesome and colorful set!)
- The Sense of Sight
- The Sense of Taste
- The Sense of Hearing
- The Sense of Smell
- The Sense of Touch
Suggested Song List for Calendar Time
- I Can Sing a Rainbow (Songs for Kids)
- Days of the Week Song by A.J. Jenkins (Kids Songs)
- Months of the Year by A.J. Jenkins (Kids Songs)
- Fruit of the Spirit by Studio Musicians (Crazy Praise, Vol. 2)
- Alphabet Song (There is the original and a Fisher Price as well as others)
- The Wheels on the Bus (Classic Songs for Preschoolers or Cedarmont Kids)
- Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush (Singing and Dancing Rhymes)
- I’ve Got the Joy
- I’ve Got Joy Down in My Heart (Not on MP3)
- Patience: Herbert the Snail (Music Machine: The Fruit of the Spirit CD) – Not found on MP3