Between the ages of 2-4 our children are sponges. They soak up so much information. I am always amazed at their capacity for learning. This program is designed to make learning the basics fun. The books and activities were chosen to stimulate little minds and encourage learning. This program will give your child a love for learning that will carry over into school. It can be used with an eager 2 year old up to a 4 year old that hasn’t started learning the basics. They will love the Animal Focus and fun activities! You won’t want to miss this Animal Adventure with your little ones!
What is Included in Animal Play?
- The Bible Program is made up of 3 different parts. The first is Scripture Memory. Each week will have a different Bible verse that coordinates to the letter of the alphabet that is being studied. Each verse is taken from the New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) of the Bible, unless otherwise noted. The second part is Character Development. Each week your student will study animals coordinating with the letter of the week and the outstanding traits that we can learn from them. The third part of this is Bible Stories. Each story is told in rhyme to make listening fun and easy to remember.
- Phonics focuses on recognition of letters and their sounds. Two sounds are introduced for the letters that have more than one sound. Although mastery of both sounds isn’t necessary, recognizing that some letters have more than one sound will help the reading process later on.
- Math concepts focus on numbers 1-10, colors and shapes. Other concepts, such as size, measurement and place value are also introduced. No book is needed for this portion.
- In the Animal Study students will learn about animal’s homes and habitats. They will learn special characteristics about animals. The set of books used are perfect for young learners with large colorful pictures and bits of information. These books are suggested and scheduled, but it is easy to supplement with other books.
- Music is crucial for Toddlers. The music chosen for Animal Play is a delightful collection of songs, poems and fingerplays about animals. They will get your toddler dancing and singing along.
These are the resources scheduled and suggested for Animal Play. See the complete book list on Amazon by using the link below.
Scheduled Animal Books
- I Love Rainforests by Lisa Regan
- I Love Animal Homes by Lisa Regan
- I Love Farm Animals by Lisa Regan
- I Love Oceans by Lisa Regan
Unscheduled Animal Resources
- Animals: A Visual Encyclopedia
- First 100 Animals Sticker Book
Scheduled Bible Resources
- My Big Book of 5-Minute Devotions
- The Rhyme Bible Storybook
- Bible Animals (optional)
Scheduled Phonics Resource
- Alphabet Art by Judy Press
- Wee Sing Animals, Animals, Animals
- Kids Animal Songs on YouTube
Suggested Books for Read Alouds & Extra Projects (Not Scheduled)
- Arty Facts Animals & Art Activities by Crabtree Publishing
- Crafts to Celebrate God’s Creation by Kathy Ross
- The Tell-Me Stories Vol. 1: Parables Jesus Told by Ella K. Lindvall
- Creature Matching Game
- ABC Animals Alphabet in Motion by Sarina Simon
- Count Me a Rhyme by Jane Yolen (Counts animals by using beautiful photos and poems)
- 1,2,3 To the Zoo by Eric Carle (Counts animals in train cars)
- Chica Chica Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. (Teaches alphabetical order with small letters)
- Z is for Zookeeper by Smith (A Zoo Alphabet)
- M is for Meow by Helen Wilber (A Cat Alphabet)
- W is for Woof by Strother (A Dog Alphabet)
- Richard Scarry’s Best Ever Colors, Shapes, and Numbers
- A Color of His Own by Lionni
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle
- The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle (Teaches animals and their sounds and activities)
- Have You Seen My Cat? by Eric Carle
- Animals, Animals, Animals by Eric Carle ( A collection of animal poems)
- From Head to Toe by Eric Carle (Teaches body parts by comparing to animals)
- Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister(teaches the concept of sharing and having friends)
- I’m as Quick as a Cricket by Audrey Wood
- I Went Walking by sue Williams
- Little Loon and Papa by Toni Buzzeo
- Fluffy and Baron by Laura Rankin
- The Wild Little Horse by Rita Gray
- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
- In the Small, Small Pond by Denise Fleming
- Verdi by Janell Cannon
- Time to Sleep by Denise Fleming
- Time for Bed by Mem Fox
- I Had a Cat by Mona Rabun Reeves
- Edward the Emu by Sheena Knowles
- Koala Lou by Mem Fox
- Animal Strike at the Zoo by Karma Wilson
- Is Your Mama a Llama? by Steven Kellogg
- Little Golden Books Collection – Animal Tales, Baby Animals, The Fuzzy Duckling, Color Kittens, Farm Tales, My First Counting Book, The Little Red Hen