The results are in! We have a list of this year’s curriculum choices. If you have read some of my previous posts, you will learn that I love curriculum. I love planning and choosing what is going to work for each year. It is quite a process. This year I am going completely eclectic and I think you will enjoy some of my TOP PICKS!
Bible Top Picks
- We Choose Virtues is a fantastic program that teaches children 12 different character virtues in a fun way that they can remember. I used the program for kids in previous years, and this year we are doing the Teen/Tween program!
- Not Consumed has a series of Bible studies that you can get for kids-youth. I plan on using several of her studies this year, including My Brother’s Keeper, Do Right: Learning to Make Wise Choices in the Face of Temptation, and The Fruit of the Tongue.
Math Top Picks
Science Top Picks
- God’s Design for Science is a great Science program by Answers in Genesis. My daughter will be doing Machines & Motion as well as Inventions & Technology. Both of these classes are available on SKrafty Online Education with Minecraft
- Life of Fred Pre-Algebra Set includes Physics, Biology, & Economics! A great 2 for 1 curriculum!
History Top Picks
- My son wanted to study Wars this year for history. I had an idea of how I wanted him to learn, so I designed my own series called Walk Through Wars. The American Revolution is published, with the others coming right behind. You can check out this series HERE!
- American Girl History is a very fun way to learn history! We use the Girls of American History as well as the classes on SKrafty to make a well-rounded program with the AG Books!
Language Arts Top Picks
- All About Spelling & Spelling Power are my Top picks for spelling. We have been using All About Spelling as a remedial program and are thrilled with the results!
- Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) has some really great writing programs. My daughter is doing their Rockets, Radar, & Robotics program.
- Our 6th grade literature is Novel Unit Studies.
- For 8th grade language arts my mother, Vivian, is teaching my son long distance. (She is an amazing teacher at a private school in Texas, but she taught overseas for 12 years in an international school.) She has a couple of different products in the Teach Me Joy Store!
- Grammar Revolution teaches grammar through diagramming. I love diagramming and even have some Basic Diagramming Posters in my store!